April 14, 2022 - A total of 27 student-athletes from Canyon High School, Davenport High School and Smithson Valley High School signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level on Wednesday, April 13.
This marked the first signing day for Davenport High with five students making school history and sharing their stories of how they got to this day.
Davenport High Athletes - Five student-athletes signed letters
- Payten Altemeyer softball, Schreiner University
- Jordan Brown, baseball, Dallas Christian College
- Caleb Pacheco, baseball, McPherson College
- Trayvon Spencer, football, Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Skylar Williams, soccer, University of Texas at Dallas
This day represents a culmination of years of early morning and late-night practices, lessons, wins and losses, and it is a special time for family, teammates, coaches and friends to celebrate.
Canyon High Athletes - 13 student-athletes signed letters
- Mac Bassett, baseball, Coastal Bend College;
- Drew Berry, football, Hardin-Simmons University;
- Cameron Bibins, football, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor;
- Mindy Conger, volleyball, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor;
- Kendall Cronkhite, cheer, Stephen F. Austin University;
- Austin Davisson, track, University of the Incarnate Word;
- Victoria Fontenot, volleyball, University of North Texas;
- Bryce Garza, baseball, Dallas Christian College;
- Lauren Gomez, track, The University of Texas at San Antonio;
- Alyssa Koehl, volleyball, St. Mary’s University;
- Caroline Kuhn, soccer, Laramie County Community College;
- Hope Marx, cheer, Tarleton State University; and
- Brody Smith, tennis, Tabor College.
Smithson Valley High - Nine student-athletes signed letters
- Aurora Anderson, wrestling, Minot State University;
- Sage Benca, wrestling, Texas Wesleyan University;
- Hannah Giordanelli, tennis, William Woods University;
- A.J. Ortman, football, Austin College;
- Manuel Osorio, football, Sul Ross State University;
- Kolton Scheppler, football, University of the Incarnate Word;
- Skylar Soward, football, McMurry University;
- Taylor Swenson, soccer, Texas Woman’s University; and
- Eli Trawick, baseball, McMurry University.
-Davenport High School student-athletes who signed national letters of intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level on April 13 are pictured. From left is Payten Altemeyer, Skylar Williams, Trayvon Spencer, Jordan Brown and Caleb Pacheco.
-Canyon High School student-athletes who signed national letters of intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level on April 13 are pictured. Back row from left is Austin Davisson, Brody Smith, Mac Bassett, Cameron Bibins, Drew Berry and Bryce Garza; front row from left is Lauren Gomez, Kendall Cronkhite, Hope Marx, Victoria Fontenot, Caroline Kuhn, Alyssa Koehl and Mindy Conger.
-Smithson Valley High School student-athletes who signed national letters of intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level on April 13 are pictured. Back row from left is Eli Trawick, Manuel Osorio, A.J. Ortman, Kolton Scheppler and Skylar Soward. Front row from left is Sage Benca, Taylor Swenson, Hannah Giordanelli and Aurora Anderson.